Choosing A Professional Web Designer
There are many decisions to be made when a business considers a new website or upgrading a dated site. The primary question that we often find when meeting with a new client is: “How much will this new site cost?”. As small business owners ourselves, we understand the need to budget and keep on going expenses to a minimum. Yet, from our small business clients, we find a website to be the single most important marketing asset above all other forms of advertising. We also find the on going costs to develop and maintain a professional website to be substantially less than other forms of marketing.
Current purchasers of products and services start with the web search first and base their buying decisions on their online experience. In their eyes – no website – you don’t exist. Even worse, you have a website, but it performs poorly or is out of date and the potential customer moves on to any other site that provides a better user experience. The downside is your products or services may be superior to your competition, but your communications fail when it comes to the website.
There are solutions. You can create a site with many of the online services that exist. These sites offer basic web development that is “point and click” and quickly and inexpensively allow you to launch your site. The downside is differentiating the site over your competition. Usually there are other costs within these services to make that differentiation and the costs continue to climb with each addition.
There also exists numerous methods to ensure a website stands out among others in a Google search. Page placement, page layout, picture and video management are but a few key elements where a professional web designer ensures an optimum web experience. When considering costs, a holistic approach should be considered including design, performance, appeal, content reach, longevity, security and much more. This is where the professional web designer excels.
Development is just one element in maintaining a well managed site. We’ve created this short list of items as you consider creating or updating your business web site.
- Web server software is up to date.
- Site plugins and add-ons are up to date.
- Maintain a recurring site back-up schedule and maintain copies in a secured environment.
- Remove old files, pictures and databases to minimize site size and performance.
- Maintain a robust security software suite in the web server with instant notifications of security anomalies.
- Protect site against brute force attacks.
- Manage users and security roles.
- Remove spam from blog sites.
- Track performance.
- Ensure content meets current Search Engine Optimization rules.
- Develop meta descriptions for blog posts and pages.
- Review referral traffic and inbound links.
- Audit site for mobile-responsiveness and usage.
- Develop a site analytics schedule and optimize site based on finding.
- Manage pictures to meet web standards and page performance.
- Delete out of date web pages.
- Create easy to use forms for lead generation.
- Provide feedback to update portfolios and customer testimonials.
This is just a short list of day-to-day activities provided by a professional web designer. These, along with many other tasks, provides an opportunity to make your business products and services standout against the competition.
We had the recent privilege to teach a class on Your Church Website and Your Church Communications at the Georgia Assemblies of God – Church Ministries Conference in Griffin, GA. This was a two day event where attendees from churches throughout Georgia attended to learn more about church growth, leadership, church ministries development and our general topic, church media.
Those who attended our class learned the importance of providing and maintaining a church website along with the many reasons why a church website can be key to the growth of a church or ministry.
You can download the entire Your Church Website and Your Church Communications presentation from this conference by CLICKING HERE. We hope you find this presentation informative. If you would like more information how Resolve Video can help with your website, please contact us using the form the the right.
You may have heard someone say: :” Why do I need a website, my business is successful.” or “We created a website a number of years ago. We haven’t made any changes or additions since. The web just doesn’t work for our company.” While these statements may be true for some, the opposite is true where successful companies took the time and made the investment in a well designed website that is regularly updated and engages the visitor.
The bottom line – it’s all about your brand. It’s how people searching for your product or services locate you and when they do, the impression your business or service makes in the first 30 seconds. Will that impression be a positive experience? Will it engage or cause the visitor to continue their search to your competitor? Or worse, no web presence means your competition receives 100% all online new business inquiries.
With the ever increasing costs to promote your business, a website can be your lowest cost advertising alternative, yet providing the highest visibility to communicate to your current and future customers.
A website is an important image investment no different than your companies signage, your sales brochures or your business card. Your website defines your company, your capabilities, that critical first impression that has the possibility of an audience from the thousands to millions. An effective website design is more than words and blocks of color, it instantly establishes an image of your organization or your business.
What makes Resolve Video Different?
- A Resolve Video web design is more than pictures and pretty colors, it’s about building your brand. Aside from the technical aspects of web development, we have had a successful career in large scale project management, new product launches and have participated in the launch of successful companies and new product lines. We bring this knowledge along with fresh design ideas to make your site and you company standout among your competition.
- We take a personal, hands-on approach to every web site. We meet with you, face-to-face, discuss your goals and communications needs and then develop your site to your unique needs.
- We’re in it for the long run. Bottom line, our website services provide a high level of customer care. Providing hosting, site management, administration and if needed, recurring updates to content, events and much more.
- Changes and update are timely. Site data is easy to understand and confirms visitor activity. Our clients confirm, a Resolve Video site is virtually trouble free.